Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chocolate Avocado Mousse


Ok, so I was having a relatively not-so-great day until my recent discovery. I am so excited to share, my little fingers can't type fast enough! My girlfriend had mentioned in passing that she had been treated to this delicious chocolate mousse and that she would share the recipe soon. She let me know it was simple, healthy and that the secret ingredient was avocado. Sounds too good to be true, right? WRONG! I have no idea if this is the same recipe because my chocolate cravings got the best of me this morning and I opened my fridge to an avocado that needed to be eaten today. Serendipitous! So, I put on my lab coat and started experiementing and here it is folks, a healthy chocolate mouse to live for! VoilĂ , My Edible Advice of the day:

Chocolate Avocado Mousse

1 avocado

8 Medjool dates, chopped

1/4 cup cocao powder

1 teaspoon vanilla extract or the real deal vanilla bean if you are fancy and wealthy

Place all ingredients in food processor. Blend, blend, blend – scraping sides when necessary – until smooth.

That’s it! I don't know, I suppose it makes 2-3 servings but I am sitting here typing and eating it directly from the food processor and I am nearly done. Oops! You can't judge, it is totally healthy.

Enjoy,

Jennifer xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Added some milk (I'm sure soy/almond/rice would work too) to thin it out to a milkshake consistency and stuck it in the freezer over night. Ice cream!

    ReplyDelete