Wednesday, October 28, 2009
• Frequent hand washing at work and at home (warm water with soap works best.) 15 seconds at the very least, please!
• Sneeze into your forearm or tissue – NOT into your hands, I beg of you!
• Minimize foods that weaken your immune system defenses such as: refined foods, white flour and sugar products.
• Focus on whole, fresh foods such as: vegetables, fruit, whole grains, beans and lentils, whole grain flour and natural sweeteners like local honey, yacon syrup, agave and green leaf stevia.
• Stay hydrated with water and herbal teas. Target ½ your body weight in ounces (i.e. 180 pound
person would drink 90 ounces, or 3 liters per day.) NOTE: Unfortunately, for all of you coffee lovers our there coffee, caffeinated beverages and pop do not count as part of the daily quota.
• Exercise. Mild to moderate exercise 3 – 5 days a week will strengthen your immune system.
• Stay at home if you have flu symptoms such as chills and cough followed by fever, loss of appetite, muscle aches, fatigue, runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes and throat irritation.
Have a healthy and happy day!